Monday, May 24, 2021

Mary Kubica's Local Woman Missing Should Crown the Top of Your TBR This Summer!


 Why do I love Mary Kubica? Let me count the reasons.... I love her for Don't You Cry and definitely for Every Last Lie , not to mention The Other Mrs.  but I do love her most of all for Local Woman Missing! Janie, Mary and Joseph... whatever you choose for your summer TBR, be sure to add this book to the top!

Early on in the book we encounter Delilah, a young girl who went missing years before. Her disappearance followed a woman named Shelby's and coincided with her mother, Meredith's. What we don't know is whether or not they are connected or has this small community has just been rocked with more than it's fair share of tragedies.

Delilah reappears 11 years after her disappearance in somewhat of a feral state. Her story is heartbreaking. With no memory of her abduction, there is little to tell as to what happened to her and her mother at the time she was taken. The race is on to to put the puzzle together. After all, its a matter of life and death. In order to start, we go back 11 years to meet the husbands, the other children, friends and neighbors. Who can be trusted and whose life needs to be combed through just a little bit more? It is a wild, hold-on-to-your-seat, rollercoaster ride of twists and turns to find the truth!

As with all of this author's books (yes, I have read them all), I was able to easily connect with the players in Local Woman Missing and their characters were well developed. My heart hurt for Delilah, I could feel the loneliness of her younger brother, Leo, and the fear, suspicion and tension of the neighborhood was absolutely palpable. The wrap up of this book took me by complete surprise and left me open mouthed until the very end which, for me, was about 2:00 in the morning! 

Mary Kubica is in my personal Hall of Fame and Queens of Psych Thrillers when it comes to authors and, once again, has hit one out of the ballpark. You can't go wrong with any of Ms. Kubica's books but, I have to admit, Local Woman Missing is my absolute favorite and the best book so far in 2021!

Go grab a copy, grab some snacks and a blankie and leave the light on!


 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Ward D(on’t)

There aren’t many books that I feel morally obligated to share a review about but this one takes the cake. This book is infuriating, damagin...