Tuesday, September 25, 2018

The Proposal is a fresh take on psychological thrillers!

"The first thing you should know, dear reader, is that I am dead…..."

That line from The Proposal grabbed hold of me immediately and wouldn't let go!

Pippa is a reluctant teacher by day and struggling author by night. All she wants is to fulfill her dream of becoming a best selling author. If she could just find some inspiration......
Then, a knock at the door. In steps inspiration, Ryan.

While put off by Ryan, his disheveled appearance and questionable background at first, Pippa soon starts wondering what his story is. He intrigues her enough to want to know more.  She is used to taking risks so she can talk herself into feeling fairly comfortable allowing this stranger into her life. Will she live to regret this decision?

The Proposal is told through blog posts and journal entries by Pippa. I found at first they were a bit hard to piece together but the devil is in the details and in paying attention they completely worked together.  The 'business/friendship' that ensues between Pippa and Ryan is, without a doubt, dysfunctional at best. It was, personally, a weird experience for me as a reader as I was surprised by the way *I* wanted things to turn out. I was really very clueless throughout most of the book and wondering where it was headed. It was INTENSE for sure! I finished it in a day because I could not put it down! There is a HUGE creep-factor to this book and while at times it made me a little squirmy, the creepiness was essential.

The Proposal was definitely an out-0f-the-box refreshing new plot read! I haven't read anything like it before and that was a very nice surprise!

Special thanks to Netgalley and Bookouture for the opportunity to read and review The Proposal.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ward D(on’t)

There aren’t many books that I feel morally obligated to share a review about but this one takes the cake. This book is infuriating, damagin...