Thursday, September 20, 2018

Make Yourself Cozy: A Guide For Self Care .... a necessary book for your self care tool kit!

This is the book we need, ya'll! I mean EVERYONE!

Living with depression and anxiety, I speak loudly about the importance of self care and self love. IT IS VITAL. You would think it would come easily, taking care of yourself. Especially being a parent, partner, or have a position in your career where others rely on you. I mean, if you can take care of other people then how hard can it be to take care of yourself, right?? WRONG. It is so easy to forget and even easier to feel guilty about.

I love, let me say this loudly, LOVE this book, Make Yourself Cozy by Katie Vaz! I have read numerous self help books and more than a couple on self care and this is the one I will carry with me! It is a book of adorable and highly relatable illustrations and interactive pages showing all of the different ways we can practices self care. And it DOES take practice! This is an excellent tool to keep handy when you are feeling overwhelmed, anxious, depressed or even just fine but you have a few minutes to show yourself some care. This book doesn't just tell you to take care of yourself or even that you should. IT IS A TOOL. Some pages give examples, some ask questions for you to answer so that you can practice your own unique coping skills and self care practices. There are pages for you to fill in the blank that will get you thinking about how to become a better you FOR you.

Make Yourself Cozy would be a wonderful tool for everyone to have with them tucked away in a purse or car or downloaded on your phone. I highly recommend this book to everyone as we all need extra help when it comes to taking care of ourselves! I plan on purchasing a copy once it releases and recommending it to my own therapist as a possible tool for her other patients.

Special thanks to Netgalley and Andrews McMeel Publishing for an opportunity to read and review this book.

Book release date: 10/2/18

2 comments:

Ward D(on’t)

There aren’t many books that I feel morally obligated to share a review about but this one takes the cake. This book is infuriating, damagin...