Tuesday, September 25, 2018

The Watcher is a quick and captivating read!

The Watcher by Caroline Eriksson is a quick and captivating read!

Unreliable narrator alert! Love them! Elena is an author that is newly separated from her husband and is now living on her own in a new neighborhood. She finds herself intrigued by her neighbors across the street, the Storm family. As she watches them she becomes more and more curious as to what is going on behind closed doors. Adding to her already suspicious thoughts is the Storm's son, Leo, who wants to be a writer and has befriended Elena. Leo has some stories to tell about his family and Elena's need for inspiration drives her to listen to them intently and fill in the blank spaces on her own. As she begins to write her novel, the lines between reality and fiction become blurred and soon she can't be sure if her paranoia is justified or if she is slipping into a state of insanity.

I loved Elena. I loved her introspection, nurturing traits and her intelligence. I found her to be a very well developed and relatable protagonist. I enjoyed the friendship with Leo and found her relationship with her sister to be so heartwarming! I would love to see more of her, what happens next in her life!

The Watcher is an intense book than will keep the pages open and flipping! I didn't have my 'AHA moment' until right when the twist was revealed which is the way every good book should be. I thoroughly enjoyed every word!

Special thanks to Netgalley and AmazonCrossing for an opportunity to read and review The Watcher.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ward D(on’t)

There aren’t many books that I feel morally obligated to share a review about but this one takes the cake. This book is infuriating, damagin...