Saturday, August 4, 2018

5 Stars for In The Vines by Shannon Kirk !


Oh, wow! In The Vines was outstanding!! I could not get enough of this book and I would love to see a duology if not a trilogy and see how those Vandonbeer genetics evolve in Mop?! I think she is a bit more like Aunty Liv than maybe she thinks.

In The Vines is a beautifully written book (I can't stress that enough! Lyrical!) about Mary Olivia Pentecost, or Mop for short and her Aunty Liv who has been her best friend, next to her mom, since childhood. She has come back to Aunty Liv's sprawling, gothic estate to find closure and also to find out exactly what happened to her mother the night that she died. Throughout her search she unearths many dark family secrets and as she finds herself in imminent danger, she soon realizes she is in way over her head and she maybe should not have started pulling that string as it all begins to unravel and fall apart.

In The Vines is dark, disturbing, exciting and I absolutely could not get put it down! I had to stop myself from constantly reading parts to my husband (which I did) and then asking him, "WHO thinks like that? I love this author!" and then there was the audio book..... Janie, Mary and Joseph! The audio book is a MUST have! I did make my husband listen to much of Aunty Liv's internal dialogue. This was fantastic! The book on its own was a very well written solid read and the audio only added that much more and was so very realistic and exciting!

I am absolutely looking forward to reading more of Shannon Kirk's work.

Special thanks to Netgalley and Thomas And Mercer Publishing for an opportunity to read and review In The Vines. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ward D(on’t)

There aren’t many books that I feel morally obligated to share a review about but this one takes the cake. This book is infuriating, damagin...