Friday, July 13, 2018

Another knock out of the park for Louise Jensen with The Date!

This was my 4th read from Louise Jensen and the 4th to blow me away not to mention my absolute favorite!

All Ali wants is to mend fences with the husband she is separated from but she lets her friends talk her into setting up an account for a dating app. One thing leads to another and before you know it.... Ali doesn't even recognize herself. No, literally! Ali isn't Ali when she looks in the mirror and that isn't where the lack of recognition ends. With her memory not wholly intact and the notes being left for her saying "Enjoy the date, Bitch?" and "Tick-Tock", Ali knows she must do all she can to remember what happened that night and just who is trying to tear her world apart. But does she really want to know?

You will NOT know who to trust as you make your way through the magic of The Date! I found myself trying to put myself in Ali's shoes and imagine what it must be like to not know your own face let alone not be able to identify your stalker, living in fear of the unrecognizable ALL.THE.TIME. Scary! I am not often a scaredy cat but each night I read this I had to read a familiar YA book for 15 minutes before bed so I didn't have nightmares!

You don't want to miss this one but you won't want to sleep with the lights off either!!
 I highly recommend someone pick this up and make it into a movie FAST!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ward D(on’t)

There aren’t many books that I feel morally obligated to share a review about but this one takes the cake. This book is infuriating, damagin...